Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Re Bosch Exxcel washing machine. Won't start - timer stays

Re Bosch Exxcel washing machine. Won't start - timer stays on 1 minute and no matter what buttons are pressed, it won't reset to zero.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Is the pump running the whole time, too? Unplug it for at least 15 minutes and see if the behavior changes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unplugged for over an hour. Display still showing 0:01.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

May I please have your complete model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bosch Exxcel washing machine. 1200 spin. Number inside the door E-Nr WVD24520 GB/11.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The tech sheet for your model is attached. Following its instructions, will it initiate a service cycle to allow you to retrieve the stored error codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which page should I be looking at to reset the display to zero? I have been through it and cannot find anything relevant.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry, I sent you the service manual. The tech sheet is attached.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is gobbledegook. What do I need to do to reset the timer to zero.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

It looks like Kelly has opted out.

On the display other then the 0:01 do you see a picture of a key?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is flashing.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok what this will be is the child lock is turned on. So when this happens it stops with 0:01 on the display and you need to turn off.

To do this you need to press and hold the button of the clock thats under the display screen. Hold this button in for several seconds and it will turn the lock off and allow the washer to finish the cycle from there.

Try that and let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much. Now working. But why couldn't I have been told that in the first place?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Nice one glad to hear that sorted it.

Im afraid i cannot answer for another expert. Prehaps they wasnt familier with this model. So once they opted out this opens the question to other experts and thats when i picked the answer up.

So please when rating the answer base it on my answer thats the one you are rating not the other expert.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.