Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Morning, Our dishwasher has stopped working. Model: DF612WE,

Morning,
Our dishwasher has stopped working. Model: DF612WE, Type: 10053 and S/N(###) ###-####
When we ask the programme to start it begins to fill, after about three minutes it beeps 5 times and then two green buttons are flashing and one just stays on.
We've emptied it, checked the filter is clean, restarted several times to no avail.
Any ideas please? Thanks, Candy.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

What green lights are flashing?

If you number them from left to right with 1 on the left which number lights are flashing as i assume the end light is lit solid?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel,Numbers 2 and 3 are flashing. And yes, end light is solid.Thanks, Candy.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that.

The lights flashing is an error code and the error code its reporting is E6 which is a time out draining fault.

What you need to do is first check the waste pipe and were it drains to. Make sure its all clear in there.

If thats fine then you need to access the drain pump underneath the dishwasher and remove this and check for debris in there. Also make sure the pump impeller can ping round in stages. If its stiff to turn then the pump is faulty and will need to be replaced on this.

Retry it and then see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed its just a blockage thats casuing this fault as thats what the flashing lights mean its a pump fault error code on this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right. Will give that a go.Thank you.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

No worries, If you need more help then just get back to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel, I thought we had it sorted having found a big clump of crap! But no. And I couldn't get the waste hose out of the back.Thanks for your help - we're calling it a day and getting on to Currys!Candy.