KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My Aquarius WMF740 washing machine, which is about six and a

My Aquarius WMF740 washing machine, which is about six and a half years old, is not completing its normal cycle and, when it stops, it`s flashing F5-08, then I have to empty it by hand.
Is it worth arranging an engineer`s visit and, if so, how much does it cost?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just answer .... these are two different error codes..F05 error code indicates a blocked pump..with the washer unplugged remove the lower rear panel of washer and then remove the large black hose on bottom of drum....after this remove and clean the filter located inside the hose and hose clean the hose on the pump ...after everything is cleaned the problem should be solved...F08 error indicates a bad heater assembly, replacement of heater is recommended when this error appears.
________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I have nobody at home to do this and I couldn`t do it myself, so looks like I`ll have to contact Hotpoint. If it`s the heater that`s faulty, is that an expensive item to replace?

a new heater will cost around £50 + labor