George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have an indesit Icd661 and all lights are randomly

Customer Question

I have an indesit Icd661 and all lights are randomly flashing while beeping.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 11 months ago.

Hello Roxanne, my name is George,

Can you tell me which lights are flashing please

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Every single one in unison 9 in total

All lights flashing in sync with each other?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
that's correct and a beep in sync. Nothe in a rhythm either might beep once every 5 seconds then a random beep and flash.

How many times do they flash/beep before taking a break to start again? are you saying once every 5 seconds?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
More frequent.
2 beeps within a second followed by another a second later pauses perhaps for 2 seconds. Does not stop for more than 5 seconds but also does not seem to have a set pattern.

It sounds like you may have a leak into the base.. Turn the appliance off, then tilt it backwards to see if any water comes out from the base

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Tipped to about 45 degrees - no water

Ok... Is it possible for you to photo the lights and post it here for me?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sure, please see attached

Ok, thanks.. Leave it with me until tomorrow

I will come back to you once I have contacted the office

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Do you have the serial number of the appliance please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sn###-##-####w752970000

If all the lights are flashing it is indicative of a "failure in a virtual sensor".. This is likely that you will need to replace the control of the appliance..

That information is direct from the manufacturer.

Sorry I don't have better news for you Roxanne

regards

George

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can you advise a GBP part price to see if worth replacing part or whole machine.

If the advice from Indesit is correct regarding the fault code and cause then the part that will need replacing is ICD661 UK Main Board and it is listed at this link at £140.66

I'm sorry I don't have better news for you.

.

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 10 months ago.

Hello Roxanne,

I notice you have not rated the assistance I gave you.. This is the only way I get credited both for responding to you, and for the time that I spent diagnosing your issues.
Please reciprocate the assistance I gave you, by taking the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided at the top of the page.