Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Fridge/freezer RL38SBSW freezing bottom of the freezer, ice

Customer Question

Fridge/freezer RL38SBSW freezing bottom of the freezer , ice forming , have done paper test on door seal this is good.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your Fridge?

Is there any heavy frost on the rear wall inside the freezer?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fridge/freezer is 6yrs old,
there are only water droplets on the back wall of the freezer.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that information,

So this unit is not keeping things cold at all anymore?

The reason I ask, is that you mention there is water droplets, are they frozen?

I just need to be sure so I can direct you better.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The appliance is made by samsung,
It is keeping everything very cold ,
yes the water droplets are frozen
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that information.

In this case you will need a new thermostat and main control board for this fridge.

It's easy to replace, and there is no soldering involved, just plugs in.

The best place to get those two parts is : http://www.espares.co.uk/

Its best to call to order these 2 parts, also they usually ship the same day you call them;-)

Sales
0844 9777 888

After sales
0333 4007 888

Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm, Closed Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays.

For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.

Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael,
Re: our samsung fridge/ freezer you dont think it may be something as simple as the evoporator drain being frozen so the frozen water is running down the back of the freezer an causing the frozen ice in the bottom of the freezer, if it needs a new thermosat & control board assembly this is going to very expensive, for a fridge / freezer that seems to be running okay apart from the ice forming in the bottom of the freezer. Tim.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

You are more than welcome.

Have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi I see you would like a call, I sent you the request please accept that and I will call you promptly.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hì,
sorry to mess you about but i didn't realise , i would have to pay another £11.
Tim. I would like to hear you opinion on my last questions?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tim, I dont think you need to pay anything further, But I am only a technician I have nothing to do with billing.

Please contact customer service about that.

But phone calls do cost extra. If you want that service.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi michael,
You were completely wrong with the diagnosis of our samsung fridge/freezer,
& to that effect i think you or just answer should give me a refund , for the poor advice you gave me.
I could of purchased those expensive parts from espares & wasted £100 , you don't work for them as a sales advisor do you?
As you can tell from my email , i will never use just answer again in the future , & hope other people realise what a con this site is.
Tim.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi from what you told me about this fridge, this is the exact procedure you would follow especially since I can't be there to actually do the diagnosis. It all is about how well you describe the issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi michael,
why did you not ask , for more details then , you're the expert not me?
This seems a very weak excuse !!
Tim.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tim, I know this one well,

if you have problem like you did, then its a defrost issue

and we could have worked through that.I have been so successful here as an expert in this feild for so many years but I can't be 100 % percent accurate all the time based on the info the customer gives me. But... I am almost Always correct. If you are thorough then yes the outcome will be always satisfactory.

I wish you the best Tim, Really.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi michael,
You've still not got it , it was the dreaded evaporator drain plug frozen up, so the water was draining down the back of the freezer & iceing up in the bottom of the freezer , i did ask you this yesterday , & you never answered! !
Anyway thank you for you time , & i hope you do better next time.
Tim.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi best of luck!

Tech Michael