JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My Samsung Ultra HD Samsung Smart TV UE55JU6500K will not

Customer Question

My Samsung Ultra HD Samsung Smart TV UE55JU6500K will not turn on.
When I try to switch on with the remote, the red light at the bottom left corner flashes 6 times, stops for about 10 seconds then flashes 6 times and this is then repeated. If I try to select a function between, the red light flickers constantly whilst the button is depressed.
The problem began by the picture freezing and no other function or channelcould be selected
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your query today.

6 flashes of a Samsung Smart TV suggests a main board failure, before arranging for a repair under manufacturers warranty I would first suggest the following diagnostics.

1. Disconnect everything but the power cable (HDMI, Phono, Fibre, USB etc)

2. Power off the TV at the wall

3. At the rear of the TV hold you finger on all 5 buttons (power, volume, and channel) for 5 seconds.

4. With your fingers still on the buttons turn on the power at the wall

5. Continue holding down the buttons for a further 15 seconds

6. Turn the TV on using the power button on the rear of the TV

If the TV displays the same fault (6 flashes of the LED) you need to arrange for the TV to be repaired, the fault would suggest a main board failure, which shouldnt be too costly, but if its within warranty should be free of charge.

Please let me know how you get on, and if you require any further guidance.

James