Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Element

Customer Question

Element
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

You need an element?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
U1322n0gb
I am trying to replace the event but I'm not sure which wires to connect to which part of the new element. There are two wires and 4 slots on the element
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Are you replacing a bake or grill element? What part number?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's a bake element
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

See the attached page. That is the bake element for the model you posted. Is that what you are replacing?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No , it's an element which goes around the fan
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Oh, the fan element. One wire to each side, it does not matter if they go on the outside or inside as they are connected to the same terminal on the element. So just put one wire to each outside terminal and you will be good to go!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
one on each pair, doesn't matter which of the pairs.?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Correct, just one to each pair.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
One of the connectors keeps coming off by itself
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

The connector is probably loose. Do you have a pliers you can pinch it with a little bit and then slide it on?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yep
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Great! That should snug it up a bit and keep it in place!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have put it all back together but no power now going to the fan oven, fan not even going round. Top oven is working though
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Has come back on now
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Bit of a burning smell with the new element, is that right ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Think it all seems ok. If one of those connections comes off the element, is that dangerous ?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

The odor is fine, it is to be expected with a new element. If a connector comes off and shorts to ground, it will trip the power supply.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is that dangerous ?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Well, it would create a direct short to earth ground and will spark, so it could be, yes. You definitely want to make sure the connections are tight.

Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Technician with over 30 years of experience.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok, i think they only came off when I was pulling the element out so hopefully now that it's working they should all stay in place
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

I suspect it will be just fine!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for all your help
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Kelly, how long should the odor from the new element last for. Is it okay to use the oven in the mean time/
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

It will last probably for half hour of constant burn time. I would turn the oven to bake with the fan element for an hour and it should burn off. The odor will be absorbed by the food so I would not cook with it still present.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

You bet, thank you!