Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an error code to a hot point fdm 550 dishwasher

Hi I have an error code to a hot point fdm 550 dishwasher machine , the wash & end lights flash repeatedly after the cycle starts , nothing then happens
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

If you have just the wash and end lights flashing then this is a pressure sensor fault.

Basically this can be a number of things that causes this fault. It can be a blocked filter sieve, faulty wash motor, sump blocked or the pressure sensor in the hose faulty.

The first thing to check is the filters inside. Remove the mesh filter sieve and turn it over and if its all slimed up give it a good clean. Also give the sump a clean in there as well.

Then retry it and see how it goes from there. If its still the same then its either the wash motor itself (quite common) or the pressure sensor underneath.

If you were to try this yourself then you need to access the workings under neath and there you will see a black hose going from the wash motor to the lower sump. You need to remove this hose and give it a good clean out as theres a pressure sensor in there.

But if that didnt cure it then its more then likely the wash motor as they go weak and doesnt pump the water fully around the system so thats why it gives the error code. Ive replaced many wash motors on these for that fault you have.

But check the filters as above and see what you find as you never know it could be that. But if not then its possibley the motor itself casuing this fault.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.