JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My creda Thermostatic power shower will not come on. I get a

Hello, my creda Thermostatic power shower will not come on. I get a little burst of water then I cuts off every time.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your query this evening.

Can you advise the model number of the power shower, and what lights come on when it starts emitting water and what lights are shown when it cuts out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello the model No is 53560401G. only No 7 lights up and then goes off straight away, with the water on full cold or full hot.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

I am struggling to find that model number on the manufacturers website, however this sounds like a pump or valve problem.

Before calling out a plumber I would remove the hose by unscrewing it from the bottom and then turn it on just to prove there isnt a blockage in the shower head or hose.

You would then need a qualified person to remove the electric shower surround (removing the control knobs first), and then inspecting the two valves and water pump, note this needs to be done with the power turned off.

Please let me know you any further clarification as to what you need a plumber to do.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for reply, had a plumber out he says it needs replacing, some fault with the circuit board he thinks, it started to work then gave him a shock. I've ordered a new one.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to hear this was uneconomical to repair, please let me know if you require any further guidance on the matter. Otherwise I would appreciate it if you could rate the service received so I may close the case.

James