JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

The door on my normende washing machine will not open after

The door on my normende washing machine will not open after washing cycle was completed. There is a button with a lock symbol on it and the light was on. i switched off the power thinking this may be the issue but it is not. this never happened before.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JA, my name is ***** ***** will assist you with your query.

The fault could be caused due to a number of issues.
Firstly please turn the unit back on, push the door inwards 2-3 times and then leave it for 5 minutes.

If the lock symbol is still shown, set the washing machine to a spin cycle and then wait 5 minutes.

Should the door lock not disengage after the spin cycle you will need to call out an engineer, the most likely reason is the latch has failed, and it cant release the lock, or a sensor is faulty and the washing machine thinks the washer is still full of water.

Please let me know how you get on, and if you need anything else clarified.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I tried all that before I contacted JA. Its still won't work. Thank you
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

To confirm you have tried pushing in the door to help free the latch mechanism.

Unfortunately there isnt a master override for unlocking a Normende machine, however you could try follow the instructional video here, which shows a way of using some wire to manipulate the catch, however this can damage the catch so please dont use to much force. Alternatively the video here shows you how an engineer would manually open the door, but please make sure the power is switched off.
However that said you will need to get someone out to check if its the sensor or door lock which needs replacing, both these parts are relatively cheap, so it would be worthwhile repairing.

Please let me know if you require any further guidance regarding this matter.

James