KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have an e72 error code on my samurai washer drier. It

Customer Question

I have an e72 error code on my samurai washer drier. It works but on the dryer cycle it does dry.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just answer .... please tell me its complete model number and how old is it ?
________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
A zanussi zwt 71401 was, two years old

OK... E72 error code indicates a problem with the NTC sensor located in the hose at the bottom of the condenser. With the washer unplugged remove the back panel and then check the bottom of condenser...check the hose connected from tub to the condenser and make sure the wires connected to the NTC is fine ... these wires break and causes this issue.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Check the ntc sensor it looks fine, no signs of wear and the connection is fine

OK, it the connections are fine then you will have to replace this NTC sensor

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks can I tested it out to confirm if it's faulty? And can I get a new one from related?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Meant to say espares
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can I test the ntc sensor

Yes you can disconnect it and test it with a multimeter

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What should the ohm reading be?

When this error code appears usually the problem is either the wires or the sensor itself that is bad ... if it has continuity then it is fine...no continuity indicates a bad sensor

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's reading 4.7k ohms, so faulty. Thank you for your help

I dont think thats correct reading ... you can see this video and test it again

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Definitely reading 4.7k ohms, the ambient temperature is around 20c

OK, If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Should the reading be open circuit

It depends on how you are testing... have you checked the video that I have sent

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I tested between the pins on the back of the sensor, not in water

OK

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do you think it's faulty as after watching the video I am not convinced

If the wires are fine then yes it is faulty

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK thanks

You are welcome... Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Kevin, i have changed the nct sensor and it has made no difference to my washer dryer, the heating are still not getting a 240v supply when its on the drying cycle. I will have to call someone out to look at it.

I think it is the wiring then causing this issue

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have checked the wiring and the connections are good. Using a multi-meter i have meggered all the cut-outs and sensors, and i think they are all reading correctly. The one right at the front of the air duct is reading around 4.5k ohms, i have spare of these and it is reading the same. The other two at the back of the air duct are both conducting, so i don't think its these. With the machine running and on a drying cycle, with the fan running, i am not getting 240 v to the heating elements. I get 240v on the back cut-out but not the other two. If i had a wiring diagram, i would stand a better chance of tracing out the fault.

Sorry for late response ... was not available for few days... I will check for the wiring diagram and will get back to you