KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Hotpoint Aquarius WE540 From time to time after the end of a

Customer Question

Hotpoint Aquarius WE540
From time to time after the end of a final spin cycle, when the door is opened there's a smell of hot metal and a light steam haze coming from the drum.
Any suggestions, seems like the heater element is switching on for a few seconds?
Kevin
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kevin :) welcome to Just answer .... it seems that the washer is over heating... the problem is still there if you run the washer on cold wash cycle ?
________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As the problem is intermittent, running cold washes will take an indeterminate time to show and answer, if at all. Can't quite understand the suggestion that the machine is overheating. The clothing is cold when removed from the drum so residual heat from an overheated water is not apparent and the only way to generate a small amount of steam during and/or after a pump out and spin is either from the heating element or serious friction contact? I assume this is not a recognised/characteristic fault?

The problem can be something burning or smudge build up or a fault ... with the washer unplugged you can pull it out and take off the back and closely inspect the parts..also open the door seal and then wipe it off ... you can also clean the drain hose and drain pump filter to make sure nothing is jammed in there causing this issue