Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Hotpoint BF1620 Dishwasher. At the end of the cycle

I have a Hotpoint BF1620 Dishwasher. At the end of the cycle the detergent capsule has not been dissolved and as a result the dishes are left with a 'cloudy' colour. When opening the door, the capsule is out, but mostly is unused, and it is laying near the base of the door
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi This problem could be one of a few things.

Are you sure the water is getting hot enough?

Please run the DW for 10 full minutes then open the door, let me know if it is really hot or not so hot inside?

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

ALso how old is your DW?

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael, OK I will try the temperature test tonight and let you know. The dishwasher is from 2006, although we didn't start using it till 2007. We are a small family, 2 adults and one young child, so not a busy life for the machine! Thank you. Alan
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Alan

I will be here ;-)

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike, as requested I have checked the dishwasher 10 minutes into the cycle, and the water wasn't very hot. Strangely, it seems a lot hotter at the end of the cycle.
The capsule was out but wasn't being desolved.
Cheers
Alan
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thanks, ***** ***** me know if it appears the water flow is getting everywhere, one of two things causes this problem, either the water isn't getting hot enough, or you have a pressure issue but are very easy fixes.

But try one thing for me, run our hot tap water til its hot, then run a dis load, let me knwo if that made any difference?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike,
I think I have fixed the problem now, although not sure if it was off the back of your suggestions or what I found! I discovered that at the back of the machine, where the sliding top tray/basket plugs into the water supply, via the plastic nut with the rubber washer, the washer was warn & infact some of it had broken away. As a result I imagine the water supply was not flowing fully in to the rotating arm! I have glued the washer in place but ideally I need to get a new one piece nut/washer. Would you know the Hotpoint part number and how I could order this! Thank you.
Best wishes
Alan
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi as for the part # ***** dont know what for a few reasons. But you the best place to get a new part for this dishwasher is:

http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/

Its best to call them for this part: 0844(###) ###-####a href="http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/" target="_blank">Home » Parts » Kitchen Spares » Fridges & Freezers » Hotpoint

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael