KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a Baumatic gas hob and it won't stop sparking. It has

I have a Baumatic gas hob and it won't stop sparking. It has been doing it for three days straight. I have given it a good clean but using wire wool I got a shock. Is there a battery or something that I can disconnect? I don't know the model number as we have recently moved into the property
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just answer .... the problem seems to be with the spark module that is bad and will need replacement
________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there no way to disable it in the meantime?

You can pull it out and try to clean the elements... replacing the spark module is recommended.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This doesn't help at all. I have already said I have cleaned it. Is there a battery pack or electricity supply that I can isolate pending getting new parts or replacing the hob?

There is nothing like a battery pack which you can disconnect ... the spark module has to be replaced

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks - I found out how to remove the drawers and get to the power supply so I have turned it off for now