Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My hoover washing machine DYN 8163 has an E04 fault code. I

Customer Question

Hi, my hoover washing machine DYN 8163 has an E04 fault code. I had just started a wash using a detergent capsule in the drum when the code came on. I have removed the part washed clothes from the machine,drained the drum and the soap/conditioner drawer is empty. I have tried resetting it by switching the power off at the wall. No matter what setting I try the error code comes back on? Any helpful advice please? Thanks
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** you give me the product code for you appliance please, its on the label inside the door - a long number usually beginning witha 3.............

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is 3100559313423237
Elaine

Just checking Elaine be right back.

OK the first thing to do with the power on is move the selector knob to off - then select the drain position and let the appliance go through the drain out sequence. Once you have done this come back to me.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The E04 code comes on instantly when I select the drain mode.
I tried this earlier and ended up having to drain the machine from the filter plug on the bottom just to get the water out of it.Thanks
Elaine

OK if you look at the facia of the appliance you have 5 option buttons followed a a start pause button - can you confirm you can see this?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

OK I want to put the appliance into a self test mode to see if we can clear the error. So kindly do the following

a. Press and hold the left option button then turn the timer knob 2 steps to the right and after 5 seconds release the option button. If you've done this correctly all the LEDs are switched on. Come back to me when this is achieved.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok, when I do this the E04 code just comes on. Ive held the left 'Stain Buster' button in, turned the dial 2 points right from the top and held for 5 secs.ThanksElaine

OK I need you to take the top off the appliance and do something for me - are you happy to do this?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ill just get a screwdriver...

You are looking for a part that looks like this -- https://www.amazon.co.uk/Appliances-Washing-Machine-Pressure-Switch-41035075/dp/B010HCQWUW --

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok found it

You will see a plastic or rubber pipe coinnected to the bottom of it - pull it off.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok

OK try and get it to start a program with the pipe off but as soon as it starts switch it off.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
with the pipe off, when I start a programme, E04 comes on

OK one final thing try and get it into test mode again with the pipe off.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
holding in left hand button, 2 clicks of dial to right from vertical, hold for 5 secs....E04 comes on

OK I think we have gone as far as we can on here - E04 indicates a problem with the pressure switch (thing with the pipe coming out underneath) the inlet valves or the cables. Unless you want to take a chance of changing the switch its a case of getting an engineer in to check the wiring - Ian

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Could there be something blocked in the inlet valve? We had a new water pipe put into the house last week.

If you switch the water off and then undo the pipe there is a filter inside the valve that may be blocked but as its mechanical it shouldnt have eny effects on the electronics but have a look to be sure.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no its clear. If I was to order a replacement pressure switch, would it be the one on the link from Amazon? It might be worth a try.Thanks Elaine

Yes that is the correct one

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok, thanks for trying for me, Ill order up that part and try it...Best Rgds
Elaine

A pleasure