Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a whirlpool S20D RSB33 Side by side fridge freezer

I have a whirlpool S20D RSB33 Side by side fridge freezer the ice maker overflows when filling the main pcb was changed two weeks ago and everything else is ok
Thanks Neil
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Neil, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

This sounds like a bad water inlet valve. (Solenoid).

This is easy to replace and I will help if you need me, it comes with easy instructions to replace that part.

But these will do this from time to time. Usually mineral build up in the mechanism.

If you need a source for this part please let me know Neil.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael
There are two solenoid's at the rear is there any way of testing them
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi yes, you can test them with a meter just to be sure they have continuity, you do that on the Ohms Scale.

Please let me knwo how that goes, you need to unplug them both and using a meter across the two terminals on the solenoid let me know the reading you get, if it's OPEN then its bad for sure. But just because you get a good reading, won't mean the solenoid is working either. You can power them to see if they actually work.

If they do then the main control board is bad.

I wouldn't go through all that though really, it's usually the solenoid at the back of the unit inside that just needs to be replaced. Its leaking and that is the cause of the over fill ;-)

When you have done as many as I have you just knwo these things ;-)

Easy cheap fix.

Please rate kindly and I will remain with you .

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found the fault removed solenoid tested put 220 on them all worked fine switched back on noticed when you asked for water the ice maker filled when the ice maker asked for water it came out of the water out let something crossed last week i fitted a new cooling fan which came with a wiring harness which included the solenoid connections it was different to the old one swaoed them round and hay presto thanks for your help neil