KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I turn on the washing machine, select the programme, it

Customer Question

Hi. I turn on the washing machine, select the programme, it 'clicks' and then nothing. Can you help?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just answer .... please tell me its complete model number and how old is it ? where does that click sound come from ?
________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Zanussi Jetsystem 1400 xc FJR 1454W. Approximately 10 years old. The click sound appears to come from the handle of the door although it could be coming from within - in the drum. Also it may be a red herring as I have just had another go - one wet t-shirt in drum, select quickest programme, click on start and ... nothing - no clicks.

Sorry for late response ... the problem is with the door interlock mechanism that will need replacement