Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My appliance is wda 9144 washer drier I bought it November

Customer Question

My appliance is wda 9144 washer drier I bought it November 2014 first the washing got tangled in the door rubber which I managed to fix. Now the drying mode goes into safety mode and switches off without drying. Can't afford an engineer or a replacement is there anything I can do?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

If you have an issue on the dryer side then what you need to do is unplug the washer and then remove the top panel.

From there you will see the dryer chamber on the top. Check the wiring on there and also have a look at the thermostats. See if one of them has a red button in the middle. If so then press the red button and see if it clicks. If it does then its just reset so retry the dryer and see what happens.

If there isnt a red button then you need a multi meter and test the thermostats for contonuity. Also test the heater as well and see what you find. If any are faulty then you need to replace them and that should sort the fault from there.

Check them if you can and see what you find as they are more common for failing on washer dryers so see what you find.