JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I bought my Bosch WAE24367GB-34 washing machine in March

I bought my Bosch WAE24367GB-34 washing machine in March 2012.
in recent weeks the door seal has become very discoloured ad I believe needs to be replaced. In addition the timing programme has gone awry requiring me to adjust it manually in most cases.
I wish to know whether it is worthwhile having these items fixed/ repaired/ replaced or would it be more cost effective to cut my losses and buy a new machine.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

My name is ***** ***** I will assist with your query today.

The door seal can be sourced from here for around £30. The control board which has gone wrong (canusing the issue with the programme) however costs in excess of £100, but can be sourced here.

To replace these two parts its about an hour and a half, so your looking at around £50 for labour.
Based on the age of the washer, my thought is that this isnt an economical repair, and I would put the money towards a replacement.
Please let me know if your require any further advice.
James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your advice. I will think over what you have said and decide later.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

I would appreciate it if you could rate the service received today, and I will stand by should you have any further questions regarding the cost of repair.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
27/06/2016 11:29
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First rate service from James Inch which saved me a lot of hassle finding a local tradesman. I'm well pleased with his advice.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the feedback, so I may close the case can you please click the star rating.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Full marks foy excellent advice. Would recommend service to all who need a sensible answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
28/06/2016 07:51
Full marks for excellent advice. Would recommend service to all who need a sensible answer.