Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have an Electrolux Washer Machine, had it less than two

Customer Question

I have an Electrolux Washer Machine, had it less than two years but a fault is occurring and I am at a lost how to remedy it.
On wash cycles as the water enters the drum it continues to fill until it begins to pour water out of the powder/softener draw. Is this worth repairing or would it better to buy new?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

1. If you unplug the machine, does it stop filling?
  2. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1) Yes
2) EWG147540W
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If you remove the top cover (screws on back of the top) it will pull back and off. The pressure switch is mounted at the top of the cabinet once the top has been removed. It will have a very small hose attached to it. If you remove that hose and blow through it (the hose), does air easily pass? If it does, the pressure switch will likely need to be replaced. Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.