Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have just had my caravan serviced. the engineer said there

i have just had my caravan serviced. the engineer said there was a problem with my fridge which is a RMS8551
Issue with fridge – when on 12v no amp change, disconnected 12v. fridge also trying to
Light gas when on 240v- turned gas off at manifold for fridge. Unable to light fridge on gas.
any ideas
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Firstly the control on these is the 12 volt supply so if you have that disconnected this will cause you problems. Did the engineer tell you what or where the problem was?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Above is all that was said in his report one thing is that whilst away last time the sink over flowed and water got into the Pcb area thus i heard clicking onthe outside of the caravan which must of been the gas trying to ignite do you think the water has shorted out the pcb board

Yes that was going to be my conclusion but I wanted to be sure the engineer hadn't found an earth short somewhere else - Ian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info, i shall speak to him tomorrow and get him to order me a new PCB BOARD

A pleasure - could I now ask you to rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done you can come back to me for further information at any time if needed. Thank You for using JA and have a great day. Ian