Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an indesit Siaa 12 larder fridge: recently we have

I have an indesit Siaa 12 larder fridge : recently we have been having trouble keeping the fridge compartment at a constant temperature.
Either we would turn it up and it would freeze everything or if we turn it down nothing is cold I noticed about a week ago that the container below discharge was full having cleared it is full again and the fridge is still 'warm'
Is this a problem with the fridge or do I need to persist with emptying the container
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Im afraid for this fault that you have its a fault on the fridge itself. If its freezeing when the dail was turned up and lost its cooling when you turned the dial down then its a thermostat fault.

Ive replaced many thermostats in these for this kind of fault that you have here.

To fix this fault you need to replace the theromstat at the top of the fridge behind the control panel. With this replaced you should find it will sort itself out with the cooling in there and be back to normal from there.