Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have two AEG Electrolux domestic freezers >> 1 - Product

I have two AEG Electrolux domestic freezers >>
1 - Product no = ###-##-#### model no = 75248 GA1
2 - Product no = ###-##-#### model no = 2498-6GA
No 1 not working - internal gas leak - cannot get repaired.
No 2 bought recently, almost identical to no 1, worked perfectly as standalone.
Part of matching fridge + freezer combination "food store".
(Fridge works fine).
Due to this combination configuration, need to have pcb control system from no1 connected to and driving no 2.
Both units have identical 8-core coloured cable from internal sensors to control system.
I assumed connecting the same colours would enable control from no*****no 2 - logical (??)
WRONG !!
Over period of few hours freezer temp moves up / down between 0 and -10C, not consistently.
Control set at -19C
Do not believe output reading is accurate.
Vacuum pump for holding door closed now noisy when door closed and initially pulling vacuum.
Need to examine the circuits of the two control boards and match the colour connection combinations to restore the correct functionality.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Thank you and Regards
Roger ********
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 11 months ago.

The two models use completely different software and pcbs - whilst they may look the same they are totally different - Part number for 75248 is(###) ###-#### Whilst that for the 2498 is part number(###) ###-####- not interchangeable I'm afraid. Would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page. Thank you for using JA and have a great day.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Don't think my description fully understood.
The control system, pcb and displays are all from freezer no1.
Displays, etc, worked OK - but freezer had no refrigerant, which why not freezing and not usable.
In effect, only the freezer cabinet itself has been changed - freezer cabinet no 2 being used and substituted with that for no 1.
The "wiring loom" or connection cable from both freezer cabinets is identical - an 8-way multi-core multi-colour cable.
This cable is presumably connected to a series of sensors within the body of the cabinet for temperature readings, etc, to be passed to and monitored by the control system.
No software, pcb's, etc, have been changed or swapped.
I believe that the problem is to match the sensors from the cabinet (no 2) to the control system (no 1) to get correct functionality.
However, if the actual sensors within cabinet no 2 are completely different and operate differently to those in cabinet no 1, that would obviously be a very different set of circumstances >> but are they ??
Was there a design change ??
Same multi-way and multi-colour cable used in both cabinets to link sensors to control system - logically the same colours should have the same functionality, etc !!
I believe the only way to solve the problem is to follow the circuit / wiring diagram for each control system and their sensors, and match the colours.
I hope this explains the position more clearly.
The first step must be to get wiring / circuit diagrams for each freezer and track / compare connections by the various colours.
I appreciate above may be a bit confusing - if you need further info or clarification, please give me a call (07810 701694) or send me an e-mail.
Thank You and Regards
Roger *******
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
re penultimate para above, should read >
The first step must be to get wiring / circuit diagrams for each freezer and track / compare connections by the various colours and functions.

If you send me your email address to -***@******.*** - I can send you the diagrams as copyright rules don't allow me to post them on a public forum.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Have responded.
In case missed, my e-mail address is >***@******.***
Really looking forward to getting the diagrams, etc, you promised.
Any problems, please e-mail me or call 07810 701694
Best Regards
Roger
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 10 months ago.

I have sent the wiring diagrams as requested, would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page. Many thanks

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.