JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a twin cordless phone and I require a third phone

I have a twin cordless phone and I require a third phone which I can simply plug in to a mains socket in a third room .
What can you advise please ?
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Hi, this shouldnt be a problem most cordless phones allow for additional handsets to be added, and it only takes a few minutes to setup the new phone to work with the other two.

In order to find a compatible handset, can you please tell me the model number on the base station, you may need to look at the label found on the bottom.

James

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi James
Thanks so much for your reply ; the model number on the base station is PNLC 1012 [Panasonic ]
I look forward to more info .
Antony.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Hi Anthony, sorry for the delay in getting back to you, the PNLC number is ***** part number, in this case which relates to the charging unit, there should be a model number called KX-TGxxx, can you check the base station again (the one which has a telephone line plugged into it)?

James

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi James
I find two numbers on the base of the ' Mother ' station ; they are KX - TG8522EB and KX - TG8521E
I hope these are what you want .
Best
Antony.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

I have checked unfortunately due to this being a rather old model it does not appear the newer models will be compatible, therefore my suggestion is you buy a second hand or reconditioned unit such as the one for sale here for £25.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks very much James ; unfortunately I am not an ebay subscriber so cannot follow up your suggestion .However, I am grateful for all your research and help.
All best
Antony.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

The model of the handset itself needs to be KX-TGA850, and the base (mother) station can handle a maximum of 6 handsets, so adding a third wont be a problem.

The following are the instructions for registering an additional handset once it arrives

On the Handset: Press the centre navigator key), then press # 1 3 0. Then using the Up and Down navigation keys, select the number "3" on the display.

On the base unit: Press and hold the button x for about 5 seconds, until a tone sounds.

If all registered handsets start ringing, press the same button to stop. Then repeat this step. The next step must be completed within 90 seconds.

Back on the handset: Wait until "Base PIN" is displayed, and enter 0 0 0 0

Should you need any further assistance please let me know

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Give me a moment and I will see if I can find another seller for you

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Sorry for the delay, I have managed to find the Panasonic replacement to your model - the TG8561. This will work with your device all though have limited functionality, paging between phones may not work. However it can be purchased from Ligo here, they will also provide you full support. The total cost would be around £36 including 5 day delivery.

They dont sell the additional handsets any longer so you have to buy the entire handset and base station, however this would mean you have a spare base station should your other one go wrong.

I would appreciate if you could rate the service received today.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Excellent James ,providing that I can simply plug it in to a mains socket and it will complement the other two phones [ one the Mother station and the other in another room . ] I simply want it as an emergency in this room .Antony
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Yes that should work, I have also found another handset which should work. In essence any Panasonic handset which says GAP compatible should work. It just took some time to confirm you model supported GAP (which is a connectivity standard).
The other model I have found (handset and charger only) is £25 and available from Amazon here

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

JamesI, Handyman
Experience: I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
James .
The Panasonic handset and base set arrived yesterday but doesn't appear to be compatible .It's plugged in to the mains but the handset says ' BASE NO POWER , FULLY CHARGED ' . I ''ve contacted the supplier ,DSTTele.com and await a reply . It is very frustrating ..
If you can find the answer , I shall be grateful ; is the base set the wrong model ?
Antony.
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.
Apologies for the dealt in response.
Can you confirm what model of handset you ordered just to confirm?
The base station doesn't interface with the other base station, it's the handset on the new base station which interfaces with the old base station.
Can you confirm what error or issue you encounter when registering the new handset on the old base station
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi James
The base station which arrived is PNLC1042 charger and the plug is PNLV233E .
I get no reaction when plugged in , even from a socket in the main room where the second handset is plugged .
The screen on the handset reads 'BASE NO POWER '
I emailed DST who supplied it and they require a photo of what they have sent ; as a Silver Surfer , I am not good at doing this but I shall attempt !
Antony.
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Hi Antony,

I am very sorry to hear your having issues, it sounds like the power supply has failed resulting in the base station not having any power.

From what you have described is the base station display blank, and are no lights illuminated?

It may be worth checking the power supply is correctly inserted into the base station.

Please let me know if the supplier continue to give you issues, I will happily contact them on your behalf should you feel this appropriate.

James

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks James
A body at DST has come forward with helpful directions [ which in fact I am still having problems with ! ] and has given me name and number to contact , so I will se what transpires there first before contacting you again .Fingers crossed !
Antony.
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Sorry to hear you continue to be getting the run around, do let me know how you get on Anthony.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi James
Eureka !
I contacted DST this afternoon and spoke with a very helpful gent who guided me through the system via my mobile phone and now everything is up and running .
Many thanks for all your assistance in the first case ; I am very grateful as I am an idiot where modern technology is concerned !
All best wishes
Antony.