Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have an AEG dishwasher F34030V10 which is making a

Hi, I have an AEG dishwasher F34030V10 which is making a terrible noise (think it sounds like the pump). It fills and empties OK but isn't washing properly - any ideas what could be wrong. I have checked the filters for blockages.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Most likely the circulating pump that does the washing phase - could you kindly let me have the PNC that is located on the rating label in the door area -- Ian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PNC ***********

OK whilst I am checking out the data can you confirm that the noise is only during the wash phase, not the pump out phase. You can check by selecting a program and then hitting start as the machine will pump out for the first few seconds prior to filling.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can hear the machine pumping out but that's it and it now doesn't go into wash cycle. The wash indicator light is on but not filling with water.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any update on what the problem is?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, please can I have a response. Its been over three hours since i responded and no response from you. If you are unable to help me, I would like a refund of the fee.

OK are you able to take the appliance apart or is this outside of your comfort zone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Definitely outside my comfort zone. I will call an engineer if this is likely to be a big job but i want to understand what the issue is likely to be and whether it should be a reasonable cost to repair or better to buy a new machine? thanks

OK if you have someone handy with tools I can talk them through it but it is likely that a piece of glass, pottery or bone has got jammed in the circulating pump and that is what the noise is. It could also be that the bearings have failed - the replacement cost of a new pump ranges from about £60 to 85 depending upon where you get it. Labour on top of about another £50/60 and that gives you an idea. If I were you I would get someone to have a look first and then you have the information you need to make the decision. In the meantime would you kindly rate the information given sofar, once done further help is free of charge so do come back to me if you need further advice.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, that's really useful advice.