Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Oven not heating, replaced oven thermostat, cut-out

Customer Question

oven not heating, replaced oven thermostat, cut-out thermostat, and oven element,
checked all connections (ok), clock appears normal, any suggetions appreciated, thanks.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Do you have access to a multimeter? -- Ian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian, good morning , yes I have a multimeter , a couple of things I forgot to mention sorry ,
the cooker grill element is working, the internal oven light is not, bulb ok , unsure if those two have any relevance
to the problem, thanks.

OK first check - with the multimeter set to volts ac and range at 250 v or above tell me if you have got a voltage between the in side of the thermostat and the casing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian, No voltage to oven thermostat !

OK follow the input cable back and you will see it goes to a selector switch - check if you have any output from the selector switch?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian, thanks for your invaluable help it was appreciated, problem solved thanks to you.

Good to hear, would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done you can come back to me at any time if you need further help but it allows me to clear the job off my screen. thanks for using JA and have a good evening - Ian