JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

AEG SKD71813C0 fridge, no cooling, getting code that looks

AEG SKD71813C0 fridge, no cooling, getting code that looks like "dE no, have set Coolmatic to on, but defaults to code after opening door. Please advise, Thanks
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist with your query today.

It sounds like the bridge is in Demo mode, which could look like "dEno" on the display.

To fix this hold down the mode button (which is the second on the left, under the display) for 10 seconds, or until you hear a long beep. Once you let go of the button the display may go off briefly, after 30 seconds the fridge should be back to normal.
Please let me know if you still continue to have issues, or need anything clarified.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi James,No joy I'm afraid. pressed mode button for 10 seconds, no beep,display just went back to CoolmaticThanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
29/06/2016 04:06
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

I suggest you unplug the fridge, and leave it powered off for 5 minutes.

Plug it back in, and if the display is still showing "DenO" then try and hold the mode button in again until you hear it beep, if it doesnt beep after 15 seconds, this would suggest a PCB failure.

A PCB failure would require an engineer visit, in order establish which of the PCB boards which make up the fridge needs to be replaced.

Please let me know ho your get on.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I just wondered if you need any further assistance, and would appreciate if you could rate the service received to date.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi James still no joy, have booked technician to check boards. Thanks
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

No problem, so I may close the case can you please rate the service received today.

James