JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

The door on my washing machine will not open, it seems the

The door on my washing machine will not open, it seems the lock on the door is broken?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

There are a number of reasons the washing machine door may not open, if you see a lock icon on the display it could be a sensor fault (the washing machine thinking it is full of water), if the door is unlocked but wont open it could be a bro***** *****dle or faulty catch.

To inspect the catch and handle the best thing to do is manually open the door, this can be done using a thin peace of wire or string, and manually manipulating the catch, a video showing how to do this can be found here.
Please let me know how you get on, and if you need any further assistance.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I just wondered if you need any further assistance, and would appreciate if you could rate the service received to date.

James