Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My aims handset recently had its batteries changed whilst it

Customer Question

my aims handset recently had its batteries changed whilst it was in slumber mode, i have made sure its all up to date with settings & re-attached it to the aga, however it should be at normal temperature & says that it is on the handset, but is actually on slumber temperature. As it is showing normal temp on the handset t won't let me boost it.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

HI my name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your query today.
Can you confirm the handset is communicating to the base unit properly?

The quickest way to verify this to re-sync by:

1. Pressing and hold the oven vent fan button on the control panel in the Aga until the blue neon vent fan indicator flashes, then release button.
2. Immediately after neon starts to flash press and hold the + and - buttons together on the handset until the blue neon goes out completely (handset display will briefly say connect), then release buttons.
3. If the neon does not extinguish completely, but continues to flash with a faint output, then repeat steps 1 and 2 above.

Please let me know if the issue persists after the re-sync.

James