Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

CDA dishwasher vw80

Customer Question

CDA dishwasher vw80
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

What is the problem you are having with the dishwasher?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It started tripping out the mcb in the fuse box. After looking under the machine I noticed the water seperator valve was leaking and covered in lime scale. I have replaced this but still having the problem, the mcb has tripped again and the machine is showing fault code E8 according to the sequence of lights when referred to the manual..Regards
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok so you have fitted a new diverter valve (seperator) as we call them.

Has the leak stopped?

Do you have a megger or insulation meter to test the dishwasher for an earth leakage fault?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the leak has stopped. Don't have a meter at home to test. The machine will start a cycle then stops and shows fault E8
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok double check the wiring block on the diverter and then also follow the wires up the front of the door to the control board. Inspect the wiring on the door loom as the wires can break in there.

But as to the the tripping of the electrics without a megger this will be hard to find. What you can try is disconnect parts under there one at a time and see if the tripping stops.

Start with the heater and wash motor first as they are the most common parts to cause a tripping fault and if the old diverter was leaking then this can get water on them parts and cause the fault you have. So disconnect the parts one at a time under there and run the dishwasher and see if it runs without the tripping.

And back to the E8 error code then if the wiring to the diverter valve in the door are fine then its possibley the control board at fault as again the leak could have got onto the wiring and shorted the board out which is causeing the E8 error code here.

Try that and see what you find and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks, ***** *****'t think water has got to any other components as it was dripping from the diverter straight onto the tray in the bottom. I will try and get hold of a meter and get back to you.How do I log back on. Can I email directly as I'm using my sons iPad at the moment and won't have access to it tomorrow.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

No worries thats fine.

You will have an email with every replie i give. So click the link on there and you will comme back here to this thread.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sound will get back to you thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

No worries.