KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My Zanussi ZWF12080W is not spinning. The washing cycle is

My Zanussi ZWF12080W is not spinning. The washing cycle is ok then it stops when it reaches the spin stage. Even turning off and then just putting onto spin (which I had tried successfully previously) isn't working now.
Can I do anything or is it worth investing in a new machine?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just answer ... Lets check if we can get any error code out of the unit...To do this turn the dial to any setting and let it light up...After this is done press and hold the start button and the button to the left. Keep them held in for several seconds then the led's will go out. Now the start light and the end light will be flashing. Please count the total number of flashes from each the start light and the end light between the pause and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi the start button flashes red 4 times but the end button doesn't flash
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any ideas?

This indicates a faulty door lock which will need replacement ...at the spin cycle control detects the door is not closed due to faulty door lock hence it stops. The part is around £20 + tech charges

________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks