JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Our television now takes 20mins to 'power up'. we have to

our television now takes 20mins to 'power up'. we have to press the button upteen times and eventually it crackles, and then after that the screen flashes each time you press the button and then the picture arrives. it is almost as if it is warming up ? any suggestions ?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Could you advise the model of Sanyo, this sounds like a main board or power modulator fault where the capacitors are taking longer than normal to charge. Once I have the model number I will have a better idea.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to get back to you tomorrow as I am at work right now -is that ok ?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

No problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the television is a Sanyo CE32LD33-B. Hope you can help and it is fixable. at the moment it is on 24/7 which I know is not good but my husband doesn't want to miss the football !
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

This appears to be a hardware fault relating to the main board.

Unfortunately you are going to need to get the main board replaced, it is fixable but not something I can talk you through yourself.

Its likely the fault will get progressively worse until one day it will not power on at all, however by leaving the unit with a fault there is also a chance it may cause damage to other components, as its not regulating the power properly.

If you provide me you postcode I can give you details for a suitable TV repair service in your area

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HA1 2JW have you any idea of the cost ? is it worth repairing ? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not sure if you got my reply as it said there was an error ? let me know and but just to confirm my post code is HA1 2JW and I asked what the cost would be and if it is worth repairing !
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

I have referred other customers to H AND H ELECTRONICS and heard good things about their service, they are within a 3 mile radius of the postcode.

If you drop the TV off to them, they will inspect the TV and if you chose not to use them to repair it after they give you a quote you can walk away (no obligation to use them for repair).

If its the power board its likely to cost around £40-50, and would think this is a worthwhile repair.

Their address is: 290-292 Preston Rd, Harrow, Middx HA3 0QA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you