George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a treks cb340s fridge we have turned it on after it

I have a treks cb340s fridge we have turned it on after it has been of for a month however the fridge will not cool down we have tried to adjust the temp settings but the reading just goes back to the original temp how do we adjust the settings
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This should read teka
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 10 months ago.

Hello Gary, my name is George,

Is the compressor running constantly?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
George yes it is every time we try to set the temperature it reverts back to the orginal

Can you go to the back of the appliance and check the temperature of the compressor please..

Cold / Warm / Hot ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry wouldn't be back to the fridge until later where is the compressor situated in the fridge what am I looking for and is there a quick fix

The compressor is at the rear of the fridge at the bottom.. it is a large black domed metal component..

Check to see if it is hot, warm, or cold, and let me know.

We can take it from there

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The compressor is very warm

Hi Gary, I am available now...

How warm... very warm, hot, very hot.. Can you keep your hand on it?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Very hot you couldn't keep your hand on it

Where in Europe are you Gary?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Spain

That is why I didn't accept the call

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No problem how do we fix it

If the compressor is so hot you can not keep your hand on it then the appliance needs to be turned off and allowed to cool.. you will then need to call a refrigeration engineer to re-gas the appliance as the appliance is likely to be short of/ lacking refrigerant.

You need to weigh-up your options though.. If the compressor is that hot, there is a likelihood that it may now be damaged and regassing it will no then necessarily work.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks I will do that

.

You are very welcome Gary.
Please reciprocate the assistance I gave you, by taking the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided at the top of the page.

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair