Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Model number 736TC13. Serial number P2745313 Water lies on

Customer Question

Model number 736TC13. Serial number P2745313
Water lies on fridge floor .
Temperature indicator says ice 15 and fridge 42 .
Letters EC have appeared .
What is wrong ?
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. Please could you let me know what is displayed after the EC do you have any numbers appear.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing else. I have cleaned dust from coolers in bottom of unit but they were not very dirty. The vacuum tank is very hot. Is this normal or might the unit need re gassed?
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

I do feel that the fridge and freezer may need regassing. If it does it is likely to need some form of repair because the gas should not escape under normal conditions. I am worried that you say the tank is very hot the condenser should run warm when working but I have never known them to run very hot, there should be an oil in with the gas that lubricates the parts if the gas has escaped, that could explain why the condenser is hot.

I am sorry but I think it would be best if you arranged for an engineer to come and have a look at it, do you have any insurances on the fridge that might cover an engineer call out.