KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Panasonic TV TX-L50B6B goes blank while on.Pressed the power

Panasonic TV TX-L50B6B goes blank while on.Pressed the power on switch at the back of the TV which worked 2 days ago.Blanked out again last night .Cannot get the screen to display again.Starts up for 30 seconds then blanks again
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just answer .... how old is it ? When it goes blank ... sound works fine ?
________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TV is 3 years old..no sound...when manual button is pressed at the back of TV sound comes on with a flickering image for 30 secs then goes dead.

OK and do you see any flashing lights on the TV

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on the console..LED changed from flashing red to flashing green & then back again when screen goes blank

OK the problem is likely with the power board...capacitors on these board fail and cause these kind of issues... the cost of repair will be around £110

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
negative

Negative ??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
our lines crossed..ok thanks..I was trying to get it fixed for tomorrow thinking the problem might be the manual switch.TV is insured anyway but repairman can't come out before Mon week.Thanks for your help