Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Hotpoint Ultima dishwasher FDD914 few days it has

Customer Question

I have a Hotpoint Ultima dishwasher FDD914 for a few days it has not always been cleaning the top rack fully, cups in particular. I think it might be the water spray as things in the corner or at the edges of the rack are worst effected. I have tried cleaning out the spray arm and ensuring that the top rack fits snugly to the water pipe at the back but that doesn't seem to have much effect. any suggestions?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi.First of check the tube at the back which the top arm locks into is fully pushed in the bottom sump. If that's fine and the top arm itself isn't blocked then it's possibley the wash motor at fault.As these motors can go weak so it struggles to spray the water around the dishwasher. So the first thing that's effected is the top basket as that's higher up. And soon you will find the lower basket does the same as the motor looses its power to pump the water around.
In this case you need to access under the dishwasher and you can access the motor from here. It's a twist fit motor so you need to twist the motor of the back of the heater and swap it over form there.So check the rear tube first and make sure all the holes in the top spray arm are clear and if they are then it's possibley a fault with the motor here as they do fail quite a lot on these I'm afraid.Regards