carlday1
carlday1, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have 5 years experience in repairing and maintaining small domestic appliances.
69505510

Fisher & Paykel DishDrawer Model DD603. Won't kick into

Customer Question

Fisher & Paykel DishDrawer Model DD603. Won't kick into operation. It was working fine until we tried to stop it mid cycle. Trying to find a technician in the North West UK or get a clue as to what might be the problem to be able to assess the cost of a new spare part.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question.

Do you have any error codes showing? Could you let me know what happens when you try and start a wash?

Have you tried resetting the unit by unplugging it for a few minutes and the trying again.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi CarlNo error message. The buttons will move across the various programmes but when I press the start button I get a series of four descending 'beeps' and nothing else happens. I have tried the unplugging system but nothing. I have made sure that the water pipes are clear but it seems to be something in the part that kicks the programmer into action.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for the reply.

Could you try this pull the top drawer forward as far as it will go and there should be 2 plastic push tabs behind the front panel down near the bottom. Push these square tabs in and the drawer should pull out a bit more. If look at the back of the rails you will see the white plastic drawer latch which holds the drawer back. Make sure that the latch on the right and left side are not facing the wrong way. Both of the plastic flip tabs should be pointing forward and slightly up. If not reach back and flip it up manually.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Carl Will try this but it will probably be tomorrow as I am just about to take my elderly mother back to her care home.Thanks
Expert:  carlday1 replied 5 months ago.

Have you had any luck with the dishwasher. If you need more help let me know.

Carl

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi I will be trying your proposed solution later tonight or first thing tomorrow and will get back to you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi I have checked the white 'tabs' and they are both pointing forward at '5-to' or '5-past' on a clock face, depending on which side. Still nothing.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 5 months ago.
I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do you have any knowledge of Fisher & Paykel dishdrawers specifically?
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  carlday1 replied 5 months ago.

HI,

Sorry for the delay in replying. The machine believes it is not safe to start a cycle because it thinks the tray is not in properly. This is controlled by the tub home sensor it is a light sensor it sends light from one side to the other. We need to put the dishwasher into diagnostic mode to see what position it thinks the tub sensor is in.

I can send you information on how to put the dishwasher into diagnostic mode.

When you checked the latches were the clean and did you see the light tube for the tub sensor?

I am trying to find a photo of the latches and sensor to help you but the service manual has hardly any images in it. I can upload the service manual for you if you would like me too.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
HiThe diagnostic mode procedure would be very helpful. ThanksThe latches were clean - I did not notice any light tube because I wasn't looking for anything other than the latches. The service manual would also be very helpful. I don't know if you can upload to this site but in case you can't my email address is***@******.*** dot uk. Thanks
Expert:  carlday1 replied 5 months ago.

I have attached the service manual. It has the diagnostic procedure in it. Let me know how you get on.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks Carl - Hope to get to try this tomorrow.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 5 months ago.

Have you had any luck yet?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have followed the procedure in Chapter 5 of the service manual but without success. The LCD displays when power is switched on so I referred to 5.1.2 which mentions a 'reader' to download all EE data to a PC. I am unable to do this. Whatever I tried, I could not access any 'fault codes'.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry to hear the manual has not helped much. The reader it mentions is only available to service engineers so I am afraid you won't be able to access the EE data that way.

Did you have a look at the light tubes at the back of the machine? I think the fault is to do with the light tubes and the way it senses when the tray is in.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi I have had another look at this and going through the diagnostic procedure I get the followoing:HO - bL - Er
FC - nothing else shown
CC - Plate flashes and shows 07 - next image shows plate flashing 'beeps x 4' dropping in tone.Where abouts are the light tube situated?Thanks
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
HiAre you able to tell me exactly where the light tubes are situated? Thanks
Expert:  carlday1 replied 4 months ago.

Could you send me a few photos of the inside of the machine and can then show you on the photo

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hope these photos help Carl
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
A couple more
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Did you have any joy with these photos?