George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Hotpoint washing machine. 1000 spin WMA 9 Recently

I have a Hotpoint washing machine. 1000 spin WMA 9
Recently I have heard a rattling sound when it is working, and I cannot find anything inside the machines clothes container that causes it. Last time I noticed a small leakage of water into the room next to the where the machine was working. It stopped when the machine finished its cycle.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 6 months ago.

Can you tell me in which area the water collected... front, rear, left, right. ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The side, on the other side of the wall to which the machine was working
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
With me facing the machine on the left

If you moved the appliance, was the water rolling to that point from the rear center?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I only noticed the leak after it had completed its run. It ha been gradually drying away since then. There was no sign of water from the ceiling

Is the appliance empty now?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Open the door, put your hand in and spin the drum by hand... Let me know what you hear

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
A heavy rolling sound & occasionally a rattling sound

Ok, the bearings have gone... The rattling is the loose bearings, and the rolling/rumbling sound is the bearings running on the worn bearing casing. The leak is coming from the bearing seal.

If you have a local appliance repair center, the WMA9 bearing set is replaceable.

Would you like me to find a repairer that covers your area?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I suppose that is right though I do not know until I tried it out
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I live in Britain post code CR4 3SA so I do not know If you would know

I am also in the UK.

Please take the time to rate the assistance I have given you using the stars provided at the top of the page, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.

Ok, one moment, let me look

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I find it difficult to rate you since since I do not know how your advice will work. So I will say 3 stars.

I have been doing these appliances for decades, which is why I asked you specific question in a specific order; so that I can pinpoint what is happening.

I have 3 engineers on my lists that cover your area...

Serac Engineering*****br />Croydon
Phone: 0844(###) ###-####

Astrid Technologies LTD.
2 Ravensbourne Gardens
London
Phone:(###) ###-####8300

Property Appliance Service Ltd
27 Station Approach
Hichley Wood
Phone: 0208(###) ###-####
Mobile: ***********

Please use the stars at the top of the page to rate my assistance.

regards

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

You are very welcome.
Please reciprocate the assistance I gave you, by taking the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided at the top of the page.

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair