Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Dometic Team, I hope you can help... We have a Kontiki 655

Customer Question

Hi Dometic Team,
I hope you can help... We have a Kontiki 655 camper van with a misbehaving fridge... It's a RM6501 which only works intermittantly. My camper van garage says we probably need a new cooling unit (part no. 29347 02099) but they can't find one. Can you help? I hope so because otherwise we'll need a new fridge - (for about £1,400!)
Many thanks.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. I am afraid to say but you may have trouble finding a complete cooling unit as the part seems to be discontinued. The model of fridge you have was discontinued in 2003 so some spares are becoming increasing difficult to source.

It may be worth looking on ebay for a used fridge. I will check with some suppliers I use tomorrow to see if I can find one for you but at present I have had no luck in sourcing the part.

I am sorry it is not good news at the moment.

Carl

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Carl - that's what my Camper van guy said but I thought it might be worth a try. Happy to pay the £20 charge if you can point me in the right direction!Jon
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

HI Jon,

I am sorry I have received 3 emails this morning from suppliers I use and they all have confirmed the part is no longer available. I am sorry I cannot help any more. I think ebay is the only place you may get one.

I have looked on ebay and at the moment there are no RM6501 fridges listed or the cooling unit. There are some smaller fridges listed but nothing as big as your fridge.

Regards,

Carl