JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

During a storm my Magic 5 ECO lost power and it did not come

Customer Question

During a storm my Magic 5 ECO lost power and it did not come back. I changed the fuse and it went 'pop'. Changed the fuse again and now no power what so ever.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

From what you have described it sounds like your FAX has had a power surge, delivered either over the phone line or via mains power.

I would suggest you use something like the item found here in the future, to help prevent a recurrence.

Since you have already tried replacing the fuse, it sounds like you have a main board failure, this is likely to be uneconomical to repair unless still under manufactures warranty (all though they dont cover power surges, they may repair it as a general power fault), the cheapest I have been able to source a replacement is from Euro Office here.

Please let me know if you need anything clarified.

James