carlday1
carlday1, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have 5 years experience in repairing and maintaining small domestic appliances.
69505510

Sebo is not working. I have cleaned out all the suction

Good afternoon , Sebo is not working . I have cleaned out all the suction airways and replaced filters but with no success . Is there anything else I can do which I might have missed ? Your input would be much appreciated . Many thanks Laurie. ref no automatic x4 extra-4349161.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Laurie,

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. IS your Sebo dead with no power?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Machine has power and when switch is on a click is heard in the machine but does not run . have checked fuses and is ok .
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Could you send me the model of the sebo. Would you be looking to repair it yourself?

It could be a number of things that are causing it not to run. I can talk you through a few things but it would involve stripping the machine and testing parts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the model no x4extra serial no(###) ###-#### ***** have noticed that when i move the main part of The vacumn through 45 degres with the brush on the floor that it attempted to start and there was a electrical sparking sound. Is there a repair manual avaiable for this model??
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PLEASE CONTINUE TO ADVISE MANY THANKS
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Laurie,

Sorry for the delay. I am looking for the repair manual for the vacuum, Was the sparking a lot or a little. I suspect that the motor may need new brushes. If the motor brushes are worn the motor will spark whilst trying to run and it won't run.

Here is a video to changes the brushes on a sebo x1 it will be similar on your x4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsfsSIbWYaI

Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Laurie,

Just wonder how you were getting on and if you needed more help in repairing your sebo.

carlday1, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have 5 years experience in repairing and maintaining small domestic appliances.