George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Stoves Double Gas oven and grill Product 900GRA in

I have a Stoves Double Gas oven and grill Product 900GRA in black Mdel no###-##-####serial no 30928817 and have been told its unrepairable because the burners in the grill cannot be replaced due to the age of the oven which is 13 years old. The top oven and bottom ovens work perfectly and as we are both in our 70s are reluctant to just write the item off. Do you think there is anyway that the burner could be cleaned or replaced please ?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

Hello sir/madam, my name is George,

You are correct in saying that the burner parts are now obsolete and not available.

The burner in your grill can however, certainly be cleaned and serviced, providing it is not too far gone. To do this you will need to aquire the services of an appliance engineer who has experience as he will need to remove the burner from the system to clean it. This is best done by a Gas Safe Appliance Engineer.