carlday1
carlday1, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have 5 years experience in repairing and maintaining small domestic appliances.
69505510

Bosch pbd40 pillar drill

Bosch pbd40 pillar drill
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't release the dril bit from the tool on machine. I've followed in strict ions but it's not working, I need to remove to replace with other bit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. Have you had any trouble removing drill bits before?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No but I always found it difficult, it's a self locking tool where you set unlocks from the middle of tool then turn holder clockwise then it should open I've tried both clockwise and anti-clockwise with unlock selected and no joy. I have checked on Internet chat about this and other people have had similar problems where they have had success with reversing direction so I'm at a loss what to do its a new machine and not been used much, so it must be something I'm doing wrong but I can't see what??
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Could you try this hold the top ring and set the middle ring to unlock then holding the top ring turn the bottom ring anticlockwise. I expect it will be tight as twist chucks often are tight to undo my drill can be a killer to undo.

When you get the drill bit out it may be worth oiling the chuck with a little wd40.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Carl it took some time to undo I gave it a blast with wd40 and left it for an hour but eventually it worked many thanks.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

I am pleased it is sorted now. I tend to spray a little wd40 on my chucks quite regular to make they easier to undo.