Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have an LG fridge freezer with a built in ice maker and

I have an LG fridge freezer with a built in ice maker and water dispenser. The water from the supply passes through a filter then through a pipe which passes along the front of the base of the two doors then up the Freezer door to the dispenser located in the body of the freezer door.
The white plastic pipe has broken in two as it leaves the door in the vicinity of the hinge. How do I get in to the body of the door to replace the pipe?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

You cant the pipe is sealed into the door insulation, if you have no stubb coming out of the door hinge area you will have to replace the complete door assembly - Ian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible to join a piece of plastic pipe to what is left behind in any way? also does the water feed to the ice-maker rely on this feed or does it have a separate feed allowing me to still use the ice making facility?