Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have an Indent double oven FIU20IX where the ovens do not

Customer Question

I have an Indent double oven FIU20IX where the ovens do not come on (grill works)The top oven was not working. I took the back off to disconnect (what I thought was) the element and test for continuity (worked!), and now neither oven work. Symptoms:
- main oven - light does not come on in the oven (bulb looks ok), element does not get hot, no LEDs on control panel light up when turned
- top oven - grill works, but oven does not get hot, LED next to oven thermostat does not come on when temperature is turned up, but the LED for the overall oven does come on
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Is the clock/timer working?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
clock/timer and grill both working

OK you need to check if you have any power into the selector switches from the main supply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you confirm:
- can you take off the front control panel, or do you have to go in through the top?
- once off, I test if the live into each control nob is live, when power is on?The oven is at a different location. What is the next step if power is, and is not, live to the control nobs? I'd like to test any next steps at the same time if possible

I would check that you are getting power across the switch contacts using a multimeter on continuity rather than testing live