Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Zanussi fridge freezer and it is only two years old

I have a Zanussi fridge freezer and it is only two years old but the fridge is not working. I tried switching it off for hours but the cooling system did not initiate again.
JA: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: I can get anyone if I'm prepared or able to take the day off work but I need someone to come after work. The earliest I can be home is 4.30. I am looking to have someone today, tomorrow or the day after as I have a family event planned for this weekend.
JA: Brilliant. Thank you. I'll now take you to a secure page to place your deposit with JustAnswer. Once the deposit is received, we'll continue helping you with your question.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi I am sorry to hear that.

Is there any excessive frost or ice on the rear wall inside the freezer?

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, there was a little ice in the vents at the back and some around the door but I defrosted it before I switched it off and back on again. It is a self defrosting model.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi thank you for that info. if its a self defrosting model, as most are now, you have a problem.

What you need to do now is check the door seals, let me knwo if they all look like they seal ok?

If so, you will need to defrost this one for 24 hours with the doors open, I would put down a towel to soak up and residual water from the ice.

Then wipe it dry inside. and close the doors. Next turn it on and let me know how it operates then.

Please rate my service kindly so I can continue with you. That should solve the issue, but if it returns I will still be here for you no additional cost, and once you rate, I will add your question to my Priority list so when you write me I will see that and reply promptly ;-)

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What a quick response, thank you. Yes, we tried that, but only for 8 hours, as we have food in the freezer. I'll try and get my daughter to store the food in her chest freezer for us and let you know what happens. Many thanks.