Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Daewoo American fridge freezer( FRS-U20DA in my

I have a Daewoo American fridge freezer( FRS-U20DA in my French holiday home.It seems to have sprung a small leak from the freezer side. Any ideas ? Dave
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dave, Sorry to hear that.

Is it water thats leaking?

Also is there any heavy frost on the rear wall inside the freezer?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael. I was out last night so sorry about the delay. Yes there is a frozen drip line on the back and a thin ice film on the floor of the freezer. Dave
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dave thanks for that.

What you need to do with this one is first defrost the unit completely. 24 hours with the doors open.

Once you do that the system may work fine, but we wont know until then.

It sounds like the defrost tube is clogged with ice so that is the only way to solve this problem. This does happen occasionally.

Also check your door seals to make sure they look like they make good contact all around, as that is a cause as well ;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you Dave.

Sincerely

Tech Michael