George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

What is the significant difference between an Aga dxd and a

What is the significant difference between an Aga dxd and a Rangemaster dxd fridge freezer , apart from the depth and PRICE :-)
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 10 months ago.

Hello Angela, my name is George,

The difference is the Badge and the Price...

Both are the same price and have the same capacities..

Both have the same warranty & boast the same capabilities.

Both have the same build parts.

Rangemaster and Aga are essentially the same company

Not the same price.. That is meant to say 'The same size'

If you let me know the serial numbers I can tell you if there are any features that are different

regards

George

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I know that they are the same company but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are manufactured by the company or that they are the same build parts... I am trying to decide which to buy. I have a new total control AGA and mentioned to the Aga installers that I was waiting until the kitchen was finished to buy the Aga fridge freezer in case I didn't have enough space. It was they who alerted me to the Rangemaster model saying it is the same but less expensive. What a swiz ! It shouldn't be allowed. And it is impossible to see the appliances side by side in a showroom .... surprise surprise.So going back to the models .... any problems with them ? I had Maytags previously and technicians and parts were a performance... but to be fair I only needed service,the help of a technician after about 12 years. Am I to expect this level of trouble free service from either model ?

No bad problem that I am aware of.. nothing that I see too regular in other words.

If you can get me the model numbers.. the model number is ***** first 4 digits of the serial number.. I will then be able to match the parts of the two machines.

I work on these regularly, however, not more regularly than would be normally expected. The normal age of machine that I see is between 5yrs - 10yrs old

I have just looked at the Aga AXFNACRM and the Rangemaster RDXD15CR/C thinking that there may have been an aesthetic difference, however not so, they are both identical all but the badge.

.

I would appreciate a reciprocation of the assistance I have given you; you can do this by taking the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided at the top of the page.

regards

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair