KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a TX-50AX802B and when switching it on, via either

Good evening, I have a TX-50AX802B and when switching it on, via either the remote of side button on the TV it comes on and stops at the Panasonic logo screen for 5 mins then switches off, any ideas?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.

Hi Pete, welcome to Just answer .... how old is it ? do you hear a click sound before it turns off ? any flashing lights on the TV ?

________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kevin, it is just over two years old. I do hear a click when using the side button on the tv itself as the remote does nothing (led flashes on TV but has no effect) When the logo is on screen, the LED is green. it stays like this for two minutes then switches off & LED goes red, then after approx. 5 minutes the red led flashes 13 times. It does the 13 flashes several times then nothing.

Thank you ... the flashing light is a code to tell the tech. what is wrong with the TV ... in this case 13 flashes indicates a communication failure between the main board and power board of the TV..if one of the board is bad then it will cost around £150 in repairs ... if you are good with DIY skills you can unplug the TV then take the back off...locate the power board and main board...remove the power supply and connectors on these board one by one then plug it back again... sometimes it works... this is only recommended if you know how to use a multimeter.