Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I HAVE A LX110LAEH COMPRESSOR WHICH HAS 5 CABLES ATTACHED,

GOOD MORNING.
I HAVE A LX110LAEH COMPRESSOR WHICH HAS 5 CABLES ATTACHED, THESE ARE COLOURED RED,BLACK,BLUE,PINK AND GREEN.WOULD YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT THEY SHOULD BE CONNECTED TO.
THANK YOU.
KIND REGARDS
RAY DAVIS
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Godd morning Ray - let me explain how a refrigeration compressor works before you go ahead and do this and then perhaps you will have a review. In a refrigeration system both refrigerant and the oil circulate constantly mixed together. This causes a constant circulation of both refrigerant and the oil that lubricates the compressor. (somewhat similar to a two stroke engine). If you try to use it as an air compressor all that will happen is that you will pump out the oil over time and the compressor will seize. Perhaps a rethink?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I UNDERSTAND THAT PUMP CIRCULATES OIL AND REFRIGERANT I AM INCORPERATING AN OIL TRAP TO REFEED THE OIL VIA THE RETURN CONNECTION

OK I assume you have access to the main connector block on the back of the compressor and do you intend to connect the power directly or via a switch arrangement. Finally do you have the start capacitor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ALL I HAVE AT THE MOMENT IS THE 5 CABLES GOING INTO WHAT APPEARS IS A THERMISTOR, I INTEND TO INCORPERATE A SAFETY PRESSURE SWITCH THE UNIT DIDNT COME WITH A STARTING CAPACITOR, WHAT RATING CAP WOULD YOU SUGGEST.

What you should have is a relay and overload assembly, there will be the following connectors --

a. live in

b. neutral

c. switched live

d. start capacitor 1

e start capacitor 2

& likely an earth connection somewhere.

I need you to upload me a picture of the back of the relay assembly so that I can see which one is fitted are there are a number fitted to that compressor depending upon application

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please find photos as requested
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have an answer for me

OK here we go -

Black cable is = Live.

Cable that goes to terminal three on the relay is Neutral (looks like red with a dimple on it)

Cables that go to 1 & 2 on relay are start capacitor - usually about 3uf cables blue and red

Earth to casing of compressor.

Thats you good to go. Would you now kindly rate the information supplied by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, thank you for using JA and have a good day - Ian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cheers ***** ***** for your help.

A pleasure and thanks for the rating. Have a great weekend.